In today’s technological era, a new technology known as the Internet of Things (IoT) is gaining traction. And IoT-enabled home automation is no longer just a possibility but is becoming widespread.
As a result, many Artificial Intelligence devices have been developed that take human commands and control home devices.
Alexa by Amazon is one of the most well-known of these devices, and it is changing the lives of many families.
Every day, Alexa adds new skills to its repertoire to be compatible with a growing number of new devices and home appliances.
Assume you enjoy your Alexa devices and are impressed by how they can control various home devices with just your voice command. This is not limited to routers; there are also Alexa-compatible routers with a lot of possibilities.
In this article, we’ve chosen a few of the best Wi-Fi routers for Alexa that allow you to control your home appliances from a distance.
Turning on/off internet connectivity gives you control over it. You can also use your voice to control guest networks and smart home devices.
Why go for Wi-Fi Routers with Alexa?
Suppose Alexa is compatible with your Wi-Fi router; you can operate it with the sound of your voice. Some smart home gadgets allow you to manage the speed or limit internet access using Alexa.
As a result, you may use voice commands to operate your Wi-Fi router from anywhere in your home.
Best Wi-Fi Routers for Alexa
1. ASUS AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX88U)
The Asus RT-AX88U is one of the market’s most popular wireless Internet routers. It distinguishes itself from others who move at a breakneck pace.
- If you need lightning-fast speeds, the Asus AX6000 will not disappoint. Because this is one of the first Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) routers on the market, not many clients are currently able to utilize it.
Because they’re all backward compatible, aging devices may still take advantage of the incredible 2.4GHz and 5GHz performance.
- The general design of the router is appealing and attractive. The overall shape is flat and angular, with a band of indicator displays marching across the front and a large grill with the Asus logo positioned at the rear.
- The device’s front panel features two large keys, one for manually turning on or off the LED lights and the other for manually turning on or off the Wi-Fi. A flip-down cover hides a USB port on the other side of these keys (3.1).
The remaining connectors are positioned on the back and include a USB 3.1 port, a modem port, and eight LAN ports for connecting PCs.
This router has four antennas, two in the rear and two on each side. They are connected to the routers through screw-on connections.
Our verdict on this router:
The Asus RT-AX88U is one of the most powerful wireless routers available. It was one of the earliest Wi-Fi 6 routers. This expensive 802.11-axis router has a high 160MHz file transfer rate, making it ideal for poor 802.11-access efficiency. The RT-AX88U is the perfect option if you’re currently using WLAN 6 and want to ensure that your wireless network is future-proof.
- Quick performance
- Installation is simple.
- Utilizes cutting-edge technologies
- There are eight LAN ports.
- Malware prevention built-in
- It does not appeal to everyone.
2. ASUS Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router AX5700 (RT-AX86U)
Our number two item on the list of best Wi-Fi routers for Alexa is the one and only Asus RT-AX86U router.
The Asus RT-AX86U, a new Wi-Fi 6 router for gamers and residential users, is now available. This router has everything you’ll need to personalize your home network and play without latency.
- The RT-AX86U has a vertical-only design. That is to say, it appears beautiful in the store or on the internet, but if you live in a tiny area, make sure you plan ahead of time where you’ll position it so you can only obtain an upright stance.
- On the 2,4GHz band, the RT-AX86U is an AX5700 dual-band router that can provide up to 861Mbps. The computer includes a quad-core 1.8GHz CPU, 256 megabytes (MB) of flash memory, and 1 gigabyte of RAM (GB).
The Wi-Fi 6 infrastructure employs the newest 802.11ax technology and has a 160 MHz bandwidth.
- On the top edge are three interchangeable adjustable antennae, while on the bottom is a chiseled matte black shell with red grillwork.
At the bottom are ten LED operating indicators for strength, all radio bands, four LAN ports, 2.5 Gbps and 1 Gbps WAN, and WPS. On the back are four gigabit LAN ports, a 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN port, a gigabit WAN port, two USB 3.2 ports, a power lock, a power socket, and a reset button.
Each of the LAN ports may be utilized as a dedicated gaming port, giving the device attached to its priority bandwidth.
Our verdict on this router:
The Asus RT-AX86U is a solid choice for online gamers aiming to eliminate network congestion. It has several features to make your network easier to manage, and it employs the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology to provide smooth, close-range connectivity. For the remainder of your life, it also features parental controls and ransomware protection.
- Exceptional selection
- WAN port with several gigabits
- Management of delay that is among the best in the industry
- Vertical mount only, bulky design
3. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 from NETGEAR
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router is one of the most powerful 802.11ad routers (R9000). This enormous router is packed with networking functions, including Multi-User Multiple Input, and is suited for large homes.
- The Netgear Nighthawk is a huge wireless router with an unattractive design. It contains four programmable antennas with blue LEDs that light up when the Wi-Fi radios are active and a long line of LED indications for power, internet, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 60GHz radio bands along the router’s front edge.
You will find two USB 3.0 ports on the left side and six Gigabit LAN connectors on the rear.
- Ethernet Port Aggregation is supported by the Netgear Nighthawk X10, which enables you to combine two LAN ports (port 1 and port 2) to speed up file transfers to aggregate devices such as network switches and network-attached storage (NAS) systems.
The R9000 is a quad-stream, dual-channel 802.11ac router with a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU capable of 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz band, and a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU.
To benefit from 802.11ad speeds, all clients must have Wi-Fi gear that supports 802.11ad networking.
Our verdict on this router:
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000 with 802.11ad and MU-MIMO offers scorching 5GHz throughput and even higher 60GHz speeds, despite its hefty price, and is a fantastic method to future-proof your wireless network.
This method is excellent for carrying massive quantities of data and streaming 4K video, but it cannot pass through walls and is limited to in-room communication.
- With a 60GHz throughput, you’ll be able to get things done quickly
- Excellent performance at 5GHz
- File-transfer rates are rapid.
- Very pricey, and the Quality of Service options aren’t very extensive.
4. ASUS Wi-Fi Router AC2600 (Blue Cave)
It should come as no surprise that there are several Asus routers on our list of best Wi-Fi routers for Alexa since the brand has a smack for making really powerful tools.
The Asus Blue Cave AC2600 is a beautiful dual-band wireless router with plenty of options. Asus’s latest network product, the Blue Cave AC2600 Dual-Band Wireless Router for Smart Homes, is one of the most unusual-looking routers on the market.
- It has Trend Micro network security and parental controls built-in, making it easy to use. Because it was meant to be placed in the open, the Blue Cave resembles a sculpture rather than a Wi-Fi router.
The Central LED ring is a tapered aperture in the middle that Asus describes as looking like a bright blue doughnut.
- When the router is up and running, the ring lights solid blue and breaths blue during initialization. A smaller indication LED underneath the Central LED illuminates blue when the router powers up, flashes blue when a WPS connection is formed, and flashes red when a WPS connection fails.
The Blue Cave can attain speeds of up to 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1,734Mbps on the 5GHz band. On the back, it contains an Intel 1.6GHz dual-core CPU, 512MB RAM, 128MB flash memory, four gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, and a USB 3.0 connector, as well as a power, reset, and WPS button. To maintain the clean lines, no external antennae protrude from the router; instead, four inside antennas are used.
Our verdict on this router:
The Asus Blue Cave AC2600 Dual-Band Wireless Router for Smart Homes isn’t the fastest dual-band router on the market, but it’s undoubtedly one of the most distinctive. Close-range throughput tests do well, while long-range throughput and file transfer testing go poorly.
The router is easy to set up and manage with adaptive and traditional Quality of Service options, robust parental controls, and built-in network security.
- The design is elegant.
- The setup is simple.
- Network security is built-in.
- Parental restrictions that are robust.
- Long-term performance is mediocre.
- File transmission rates are slow.
- MU-MIMO isn’t available.
5. Deco Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi System from TP-Link
The TP-Link Deco X20 is a low-cost dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 device with robust parental controls and easy-to-use network protection software.
- The TP-Link Deco X20 is a three-piece dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system that is easy to set up and use. It is suitable for houses with a floor area of up to 5,800 square feet. It contains the TP-Homecare Link package, which offers strong parental controls, user-friendly QoS settings, and virus protection solutions for your network and customers.
- The X20 comes with three nodes that are all similar in appearance. An LED indicator on the front of the base illuminates yellow during start-up, green when connected and functioning well, blue during setup, and red when a problem occurs. On the rear, there are two Gigabit LAN connections as well as a power jack.
- Each X20 node comes with four internal antennas, a 1GHz quad-core CPU, 512MB of RAM, and 128MB of flash memory. It’s a dual-band AX1800 device that can (theoretically) exceed 575Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1,200Mbps on 5GHz.
Our verdict on this router:
While the TP-Link Deco X20 isn’t the greatest mesh solution on the market, it provides decent coverage. It includes features like lifelong parental controls and anti-malware software to keep your customers and network safe.
Additionally, the TP-Link Deco smartphone app makes it easy to set up and manage the device from your tablet, making it an excellent option for safeguarding your home with Wi-Fi 6 on a budget.
- New features in a compact design
Other Best Wi-Fi Routers without Alexa
The routers highlighted above are some of the best Wi-Fi routers for Alexa in 2022. However, you may need to also learn about Wi-Fi routers that do not support Alexa but function adequately as excellent substitutes.
For instance, routers with Alexa are pretty pricey, and this cost may inspire you to seek alternatives. So, here’s a list of some fantastic home routers you can substitute with that are totally pocket friendly.
6. TP-LINK AC1750 SMART WI-FI ROUTER (ARCHER A7)
The fact that this TP-Link Archer A7 has three antennae is probably the first thing you notice about it. And it was done on purpose to provide you with a wide range of Wi-Fi coverage.
This Wi-Fi router’s dual-band Wi-Fi transmissions can cover an area of 2,500 square feet. As a result, it’s an excellent alternative for bigger houses.
This Wi-Fi router is dual-band, as previously stated. The Wi-Fi signals are delivered at two frequencies: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Of course, at 5GHz, you may expect greater rates.
5GHz allows you rates of up to 1300 Mbps to be as accurate as possible. 2.4GHz, on the other hand, may provide up to 450 Mbps. In addition, your Wi-Fi router has an average internet speed of 1750 Mbps.
Consequently, the linked devices won’t encounter video buffering even if you’re streaming videos in 4K quality.
You may also put in the internet cable for a wireless home network for all smart home devices in addition to hooking in your DSL modem at the rear of your wireless router.
This Wi-Fi router also has a USB connection for connecting your USB drive. The router can access the data on the USB drive, turning it into a local media server.
This Wi-Fi router also offers four Gigabit LAN connections on the rear for wired internet access. Because it works with Alexa, you can operate this router with your voice.
You might also use the TP-Link tether app to operate it remotely. As a result, it is one of the most effective Wi-Fi routers for smart home devices.
- Wi-Fi transmissions that are dual-band.
- Long-range coverage is available.
- There are four LAN ports.
- Some game consoles may not operate well with it.
- Some people express dissatisfaction with the product’s longevity.
7. LINKSYS AC1200 SMART MESH WI-FI ROUTER
There are just two antennae on this Wi-Fi router. Its dual-band Wi-Fi network, however, still covers a vast region. Your smart Wi-Fi router, to be exact, has a wireless network that spans a 1,200-square-foot area. As a result, it’s yet another great Wi-Fi router for big households.
You may use this Wi-Fi router to link up to 12 smart home devices. You may also get higher speeds of up to 1.3Gbps using the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless network frequencies.
It has four Gigabit LAN connections, making it an excellent Wi-Fi solution for gaming. Furthermore, the speeds are incredible, and you will not have any gaming latency.
You can now watch videos in 4K quality without having to worry about video buffering. This Wi-Fi router is also ideal for those who want to make buffer-free video chats.
Even though this Wi-Fi spans a 1,200-square-foot area, it may not be enough for bigger residences.
Fortunately, you may extend the range by using mesh networking solutions. The Linksys mesh networking system is the most compatible mesh networking solution.
As a result, if you want to expand your wireless network’s coverage, consider adding this mesh. It’s astonishing how future-proof this Wi-Fi router is.
The fact that you can manage this Wi-Fi router with the sound of your voice makes it even easier. Alexa is supported, and you may instruct Alexa to control router access.
You may also use the Linksys app to set things up and operate the network from afar. So, if you’re seeking lightning-fast connection rates, this Wi-Fi router could be just what you’re looking for.
- Network with two bands.
- The internet speed is 3 Gigabits per second.
- Coverage of 1,200 square feet.
- There is no USB port.
- There are only 12 devices that can be connected.
8. SPEEDEFY AC2100 SMART WI-FI ROUTER
Unlike most Wi-Fi routers, which have two or three antennae, this Wi-Fi router has seven. You may anticipate connecting more devices to your router with such a large number of antennas.
You’re lucky since you can connect over 25 smart home gadgets to this Wi-Fi router for lightning-fast internet.
If you choose this model, you will enjoy dual-band Wi-Fi access, as you would expect from a Wi-Fi router with seven antennae.
Wireless networks are transmitted at two frequencies: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Naturally, 5GHz provides more incredible speeds, up to 1733 Mbps. 2.4GHz, on the other hand, offers 300 Mbps of internet speed. The combined speed of these Wi-Fi bands is 2100 Mbps.
The dual-core CPU in this Wi-Fi router is responsible for its astounding 2.1Gbps internet speed, guaranteeing that your movies don’t delay. Consequently, you’ll be able to browse at lightning rates, resulting in speedier search results and video loading.
This might be the most fantastic Wi-Fi router for you if you are a gamer or like watching movies in 4K quality.
Gamers will love the built-in MU-MIMO Technology, which allows them to play online games without buffering. This method is also useful for distributing huge files over a Wi-Fi network.
This router also ensures security and dependability. This is because the Wi-Fi technology automatically identifies and fixes network difficulties.
You may also use parental settings to restrict information access. As a result, it’s a smart Wi-Fi router that’s great for both gamers and parents.
- Controlled with a remote.
- Voice commands are supported.
- The internet speed is 1 Gigabit per second.
- Customer service is unresponsive.
- The material quality has caused some people to be unsatisfied.
9. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK SMART WI-FI ROUTER (R7000-100NAS)
The NETGEAR Nighthawk is also known as a Wi-Fi router with three boosted antennae. This Wi-Fi router can cover an area of 1,800 square feet thanks to its three antennas pointing in various directions.
This router may not have the most adequate area coverage, but it still adequately covers medium-sized households.
This Wi-Fi router allows you to connect up to 30 smart home devices and operate them from anywhere. At the rear of this smart Wi-Fi router are four Gigabit LAN ports for wired internet connection.
Of course, not every gadget has a wireless connection to the internet. LAN wires will be used to link such devices.
This Wi-Fi router, like all the top Wi-Fi routers on the market, has dual-band Wi-Fi radio frequencies: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. These frequencies provide peak speeds of 600 and 1300 megabits per second, respectively.
As a result, your internet connection may reach 1900 Mbps, which is great for gaming and 4K video streaming.
This is one of the safest Wi-Fi routers available. It comes with NETGEAR Armor, which provides cybersecurity protection. WPA2 wireless security protocols may also be used to encrypt the router.
Consequently, no one will be able to break into your network. Consider adding the NETGEAR Orbi mesh router to your network to enhance its range.
- Controlled with a remote.
- Voice commands are supported.
- The internet speed is 1900 Mbps.
- The speed has caused some consumers to be unsatisfied.
- The range of coverage is insufficient.
10. TENDA WI-FI 6 ROUTER AX1800 SMART WI-FI ROUTER
Four antennae are included with this Tenda Wi-Fi 6 router. The multi-directional antennae offer this Wi-Fi router a 1,200-square-foot Wi-Fi coverage area. Of course, this wireless network range may not be enough for bigger households.
Fortunately, you can expand your Wi-Fi coverage by adding the Nest Wi-Fi mesh.
You may also use this router to connect 64 smart home devices. Like most of the top Wi-Fi routers on the market, this router claims astounding internet speeds of up to 1.8Gbps.
The dual-band performance is responsible for outstanding internet speed.
This Wi-Fi router uses 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies. 5GHz provides a quicker speed of 121 Mbps, while 2.4GHz offers 574 Mbps.
Because this router has two network performance boosters: MU-MIMO and OFDMA, you can be guaranteed to browse the web smoothly and stream 4K movies without buffering.
This Wi-Fi router only offers three Gigabit LAN ports, which is a disadvantage. Although this is not a major decrease, compared to other top Wi-Fi routers, you will be able to connect one device less.
It also lacks a USB connector for viewing material stored on a USB drive. As a result, if you choose this Wi-Fi router, you will be unable to use a USB media server.
Despite this, the router’s 1.5GHz dual-core CPU makes it exceptionally speedy. It also has RX3 for increased efficiency while lowering co-frequency.
Because this gadget connects with Alexa, you can control internet access with the sound of your voice. However, the remote control is only available via the Tenda app, which is particularly useful for setting up the router once it has been unwrapped.
- The internet speed is 1800 Mbps.
- Coverage of 1,200 square feet.
- 64 devices can be connected.
- It does not have a USB port.
- There are just three Gigabit LAN ports.
In the above segments, we have described the best Wi-Fi routers for Alexa and other alternatives without Alexa.
The goal is to help make an informed decision. However, we are still aware that a buyer’s guide to the best Wi-Fi routers should be based on factors such as fastness, network extensibility, and much more.
2 thoughts on “10 Best Wi-Fi Routers for Alexa in 2023 | Buyers Guide, Features, and more”
Pingback: Buyer’s Guide to 10 Best Wi-Fi Routers for Alexa in 2022 - Troubleshootly
Pingback: 5 Best Routers for 400 Mbps in 2022 [Buyer's Guide and Price, etc.] - Troubleshootly